BERMUDA GRASS - Knowledgebase Question

KILLEEN, Te
Question by PMM4104
I HAVE ST AUGUSTINE GRASS, BUT LIKE THE LOOK OF BERMUDA. CAN I START SEEDING W/ BERMUDA SEEDS AND WILL IT EVENTUALLY TAKE OVER?

0

The two types of lawn will duke it out for quite a while. If you really want to rid your yard of St. Augustine, you should actually remove it and then plant bermuda. You can certainly try overseeding your St. Augustine and see how the grasses grow. You may like the appearance of the different grass blades. However, they will always grow as companions; the bermuda will not overtake the St. Augustine. If you don't like the appearance of the two grasses intermingling, you can always take it out and seed the bare area with bermuda. Good luck with your project!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"