blooms - Knowledgebase Question

port orange, Fl
Question by entor1944
I have a rose that that bloomed for several year and all of a sudden stopped blomming even with bloom bust given

0

You didn't mention whether or not you regularly prune your roses. If not, you should. Flowers are produced on new stems so pruning a little throughout the season will promote new growth and new flowers. The main pruning should be done in December or January to reduce the size of the plant and help renew the structure; occasional pruning during the spring and summer will help produce new flowering stems. Give this technique a try and see if it doesn't help produce flowers. I'm sure you know this already, but roses need lots of sunshine. If, over the years, your rose bush is getting less and less sun because nearby plants are growing larger, that might explain the shortage of blooms. Good luck with your roses.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"