Burnt lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Oceanside, Ne
Question by dmarino1
I just put scotts turf builder with plus2 weed control on my lawn. Now I have brown patchs of grass evidently i put to much.What are my options to help my lawn back. I am in zone 6b is it to late to throw grass seed down.Will extra watering help.I have zoyais grass

0

Scotts turf builder plus 2 is listed as safe to use on zoysia grass so you probably did over apply the product. Depending upon how much you used, it may have only burned the grass blades and not the grass roots. If this is the case, the lawn will green up on its own. If both the blades and the roots were killed, you'll want to overseed. Flooding the lawn will help dilute/rinse out the excessive product. If your lawn doesn't green up on its own in 2-3 weeks you can overseed. Keep the new seeds moist (water lightly several times a day) and they will germinate in 7-10 days. Best wishes with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"