perennial vines and creepers - Knowledgebase Question

Overland Park, Ka
Question by wheatjo
Several of my creepers and vines have big rust colored blotches consuming the leaves. What do I do? I
have sprayed a fungicide, pesticide, but to no avail. Thanks

If you've tried fungicides, to no avail the problem may be something other than rust. When plants are overcrowded and air circulation is poor, they are more prone to diseases. You didn't identify the plants but it may be time to prune them back to encourage more sunlight penetration and better air circulation. You might also clip off an infected part of the plant and take it into your local cooperative extension office for positive diagnosis. Helpful folks there can identify the problem and suggest controls. Contact Lincoln University Cooperative Extension, 3023 Swope Parkway, Kansas City, MO - (816) 923-3546. Good luck with your plants!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"