Peach problems - Knowledgebase Question

Greensboro, No
Question by Itzyespin
early spring I planted 2 fruit cocktail trees they had mostly peaches and nectarines,yesterday I notice black spots on the fruit so I pull a couple and the seed is crack and

0

It sounds like Bacterial Spot (Xanthomonas pruni) and it develops more often in humid climates such as yours. You can use preventative sprays next spring to help your trees avoid this problem next year, but there's not much you can do to protect them this year since they've already become infected. Chemical sprays may help to reduce the levels of fruit and leaf infection next year but to be effective, spray applications must be applied before symptoms occur. The first spray is usually a copper compound applied just before tree growth resumes in the spring. This is followed by weekly applications of an antibiotic beginning at petal fall. Best wishes with your new trees.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"