tonic - Knowledgebase Question

Canton, Mi
Question by beerman10656
what tonic can i mix at home to spray on my vegetables and annuals to keep thos little bug away.
I have something that is eating small holes in the leaves on my peper plants and it seems every year around August i start to lose the fullness of my wave petunias, and i don't think it is a watering problem.

I'm a bit uneasy suggesting homemade insecticide recipes for use on vegetables. If the product doesn't work, you'll be unhappy and if it does work, it might taint the vegetables and you wouldn't want to eat them. A strong spray of water from the hose will usually dislodge the insect pests. Spray the stems and undersides of the leaves to rid your plants of them. Or use an organic based vegetable spray such as rotenone or neem oil (check the organic section of your local garden center). Best wishes with your garden.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"