Pests - Knowledgebase Question

Greensboro, No
Question by krkbaugh
I can't seem to deter pests from eating my leafy vegetables and leaves off other plants in my garden. I've used a spray-on pest killer but the bugs seem to return in 1 - 2 days. Do you have any recommendations?

I don't know exactly what might be eating the leaves of your plants so I can only suggest you use a Permethrin based insecticide. Permethrin is the oldest, and most common of the pyrethroid insecticides. It is widely available and is sold under a large number of different brand names (Martin?s Vegetables Plus, Bonide Eight Vegetable, Fruit & Flower, and Hi-Yield Garden, Pet & Livestock Insect Control are three examples). Permethrin is labeled for use on many different vegetable crops and is effective against many beetle, bug, and caterpillar pests. Because it controls so many different insect pests and is labeled for use on most vegetables, this is probably one of the most useful insecticides for home vegetable gardeners to keep on hand. Good luck with your garden!

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"