petunias not blooming - Knowledgebase Question

Saint James City, Fl
Question by islandwaif
My petunias have gotten leggy in their hanging baskets on my porch and pretty much stopped blooming. the blooms look washed out in color. well watered and i fertilize with miracle gro liquid the kind that fits on hose once or twice every 2 weeks. hot hot summer in south florida - they are in full sun. what to do to encourage blooms?

0

Petunias should be pinched back regularly to encourage healthy new flowering stems. You can cut yours back now that they've become leggy. They will develop new stems and new flowers after pinching. When the flowers are spent, pinch or cutoff the faded flower along with some of the stem. This will encourage the development of two new stems and lots of flowers. Good luck with your petunias.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"