Queen Palm planting - Knowledgebase Question

Gilbert, Ar
Question by Landus
Hello Experts, I recently bought house in Gilbert Az. with a small back yard ( approx.13ft by 18ft). I also just purchased 3 queen palm trees. Now after reading your posts I realize that maybe just maybe I can plant one. How close to the house or a wall can I plant it/them? Do I have room for two? Three? They are in 5 gallon containers now. Thanks for your time.

0

Actually, I'd plant all three. Not only do Queen Palms look attractive when planted in 3's, their trunks don't really take up much room. The fronds are what make them so large and you can prune the lower fronds if they threaten to overtake your yard (or a neighboring yard). I've seen Queen Palms planted in a corner of a yard spaced only about 3' apart in a triangle. They are over 10 years old and happy as a lark. In your narrow and long back yard, plant them 3' apart in a triangle, midway between your house and your back fence. This way the canopies won't interfere with either your house or your neighbor's yard. Enjoy your new palms!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"