Sweet potatoes - Knowledgebase Question

Greensboro, No
Question by Itzyespin
first time growing sweet potatoes and I was wondering if I can stake them

0

Sweet potatoes, which are related to the morning glory, grow on trailing vines that quickly cover the soil, rooting at the nodes along the way. It's important that the plant be able to root along the nodes - the extra roots provide extra moisture and nutrients to the plant. Bush varieties with shorter vines are available for situations where space is be limited but if you've already planted your sweet potatoes and you have no room for them to sprawl, you can try trellising them. I think your yield will be smaller, though. A sweet potato plant usually produces 2-3 pounds of potatoes. You may get more or less, depending upon growing conditions. The plants are drought tolerant once established and generally do not need supplemental feeding. Hope you have a great harvest!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"