floweres beting eaten - Knowledgebase Question

Garnet Valley, Pe
Question by sandymulders
I planted annauls and perennials. Something is eating my plants the leaves and pedals. Just leaving the the stems. I think it may be squirrels but I am not sure. Is there anything I can do to stop whatever is eating the flowers? Thank you for assisting me.

Sandy

0

I don't think the damage is caused by squirrels or rabbits - they tend to cut the stems with their teeth and you'll see a clean, straight cut on the stems. More likely the problem is slugs or snails. They feast on leaves and flowers but usually leave the stems alone. Look for shiny trails along the ground or on the leaves of your plants - sure signs that slugs or snails are at work. You can control them with baits such as Sluggo or Escargo. Best wishes with your garden!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "