Fruit tree care - Knowledgebase Question

Allen, Te
Question by girijas
I had put 2 fruits tree in my backyeard last year, 1 pear & 1 apple.
Q #1 -
Pear tree, gave 10 fruits this year , but they aren't growing beyond 1 inch size. What should I do?
Q #2 -
The Apple tree, started with 10-15 apples, all of them fell down, except the last two. The dont look healthy, looks pale. i think these two will also fall down,after some days.There size is now 1.5-2inch.need advice

The same answer will apply to both your trees: fruit trees need cross pollination from a second variety in order to develop mature fruits. You'll need to plant a second different type of apple and a second different type of pear tree for cross pollination to occur. Without complete pollination, the fruits will be aborted. They will never ripen for you.

There is a natural thinning in June. The trees will drop lots of immature fruits, retaining only those with the potential to ripen. The good new is that those that remain on the tree will grow larger and juicier because there's less competition for nutrition and water.

The bottom line is that you'll need to plant additional trees in order to get fruits.

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"