Something eating lemon tree leaves? - Knowledgebase Question

Mansfield, Te
Question by maxfactorbi
I have potted lemon trees. Something has completely stripped the leaves from one. Another has about 1/4 of the leaves gone. There are no slug or snail trails, no webs present, no visible bugs. The leaves were eaten very quickly. TWO days to eat all the leaves. Any ideas on what it could be?

Seems as though you've got a four legged critter feasting on the leaves. I'm not sure which, though. Deer? Raccoons? Rabbits? Chipmunks? About your only defense is to place a barrier between the tree and the critter. You can make a cylinder out of chicken wire (half inch holes) and place it over your lemon trees. Be sure to anchor it to the ground or pot and enclose the top. With any luck the critter will go elsewhere and you'll be able to remove the protective cages in a week or two. Hope you figure out who's dining on your lemon tree!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"