Roses - Knowledgebase Question

Hometown, Il
Question by kta7800
I had 2 ft of sod removed so I can have flower beds. I planted roses & annuals. While I was turning the soil I found grubs. Will they eat the roots of my plants? Can I treat the soil without harming my plants? Thanks Karen

0

Grubs may or may not become a problem in your rose bed. These pests can be controlled with a bacterial insecticide called "Milky Spore". Milky Spore is applied to the soil where, over time, the bacteria build up and infect larvae. Milky spore is very safe and does not infect other organisms. Milky spore may take several years to become effective but should be a part of your arsenal if this pest is a problem in your landscape. Best wishes with your new flower bed!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"