My roses aren't blooming - Knowledgebase Question

Rockton, Il
Question by kdenoto
I bought two rose bushes about a week ago from Home Depot and they had a couple of beautiful roses on them. Now they are not blooming at all. The plant is still green though. What can I do or do I just have to wait awhile for the blooms to come? I do have another rose bush that has been in the same area for a few years and it is blooming beautifully with many flowers.

Thanks, Karen DeNoto

0

Your new roses are just spending their time and energy establishing their root systems and adjusting to their new homes. This has delayed their ability to flower. But, as soon as they are firmly established you'll see new growth and new flowers. Give them a couple of weeks and I think you'll see a big difference in their performance. Best wishes with your new roses!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"