natural pest control/veggie garden - Knowledgebase Question

barrington, Ne
Question by roxie449
I found online a natural pest/control for cats is lemon/orange peels or wedges? is it safe for the veggies and will it attract bears or other wild life? Thank you!

0

The citrus based repellant is harmless to your veggies and it might be worth a try. I don't think it will attract other wildlife.

You can't blame cats for wanting to dig in fresh, sweet soil, but it can be bothersome to have them digging in your flower bed. Cats are creatures of habit. The key is to break that habit by making their experience in your veggie bed an unpleasant one. You can put up a temporary barrier until they learn not to visit your garden, or you can place decorative stone or large pieces of bark over the soil surface between your plants to keep cats from digging. An inexpensive deterrent consists of stakes placed around your veggie bed with nylon fishing line strung from stake to stake. Keep the line about 6" above the soil surface and make sure it criss-crosses every 8". Cats entering the bed will quickly exit because they'll be afraid of getting their legs caught. Once the cats associate fear with being near the bed, they'll stop visiting. Hope this helps!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "