Angry Neighbors - Knowledgebase Question

Littleton, Co
Question by KatMq5150
My husband and I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment complex, and are losing the ability to use our balcony due to a new invasion of yellow jackets. There are no flowers in the landscaping around the complex and we have only seen old, dead nests .I am strongly against using poisons, and was wondering if there are any anti-wasp/ bee plants that can be planted in pots on a balcony?

0

I'm not aware of any plants that might repel wasps and yellow jackets so your best defense is to keep them from building nests each spring. The insects abandon their nests each winter and that's the time to knock the old ones down and remove them from your apartment walls. In the spring when you see them beginning to build new nests just knock them down with a strong stream of water from the hose. Do this each time they begin to build a new nest. Eventually they will go away and build their nests elsewhere. You have to be diligent, though. Once they have completed building their nests they will stay there all summer long. Good luck with your project.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "