Ash Tree Problem - Knowledgebase Question

Fort Worth, Te
Question by siobhan_m
I have an ash tree that's around 12 yrs. It's not putting out leaves, and has tufts of curled leaves in odd spots. I was reading about Ash Yellows, and I think this is the problem. I don't have the

It may be that the dog urine is concentrated enough to burn the roots of the tree. About the only thing you can do is flood the area at the base of the tree to help dilute the urine. Do this once a week and it may help. Curled leaves can be a sign of insect or disease problems. I'm more inclined to think aphids are the culprits. Closely inspect the curled leaves - you may see aphids feeding or their cast skins (white flakes). If so, that's the cause. To help your tree leaf out and develop more branches and leaves, why not prune it back a little? Pruning encourages new growth. I hope the new leaves emerge looking healthy!

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Sweet Alyssum 2"