Grease Cleaning on a Paver Patio - Knowledgebase Question

Ofallon, Mi
Question by BigB3337
I have a paver patio made from Pave Stone tumbled blocks and when grilling recently dropped some meat on the patio causing a grease stain.
1.) What is the best method for removing the grease stain?
2.) Any product (sealer perhaps?) that you recommend in protecting the patio so that next incident allows me to wipe up the mess and not have the grease soak into the stone.

0

Power washing with a detergent such as Simple Green can work to remove the grease. I've also had success by sprinkling baking soda on the stain, pouring vinegar on the baking soda and scrubbing with a nylon brush. The foaming action lifts the grease. Give this a try first. If it doesn't remove the stain, try scrubbing with Simple Green. Power washing is the next suggestion. You can seal your patio pavers with a concrete sealer to help avoid problems in the future. I use Quickcrete Natural Look Waterproofer. It dries clear with no shine so the paving stones look natural rather than sealed. Best wishes with your project!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"