Foxtail Palms Winter Freeze - Knowledgebase Question

Lithia, Fl
Question by danflower
I have a cluster of 2 (formerly beautiful foxtail palms that were damaged by the winter freeze in central Florida. They are 5 years old and have survived previous cold weather, but they don't seem to be recovering. My White Birds and Robillini's are doing ok, but the foxtails don't show any signs of life. Should I give up and remove them, or is there hope? The bases seem to be sturdy and look

0

It may be that the palms are still recovering from the frost. The growth bud is in the center, just beneath where the fronds emerge. If it was damaged, you may still see fronds, but not until the plant sufficiently recovers. If it was killed back you won't see any new fronds. I'd give it another month or so. If you still don't see any change, you can remove them. Let's hope for the best!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Geranium maderense"