Getting impatient with my impatiens - Knowledgebase Question

Miami Gardens, Fl
Question by beverlywillb
In October I planted about 100 impatiens in a circular garden. They grew to be a very beautiful garden spot. I live in hot Miami, Florida and my impatiens now are wiltering. Do I cut them down now until October rolls around again? This was my first gardening experience.

0

I think heat stress has gotten to your impatiens. Here in Florida they bloom profusely whenever the weather isn't baking hot. This means I have blooms from November through May. After that, they begin to look a little hung over. And, when it gets really hot in June, July, August and September, you're better off cutting them back to about 6 inches of ?bare and spikey? and letting them sulk through the heat and humidity. They will perk up when the weather cools this fall.

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"