Caring for herbs in a pot - Knowledgebase Question

LOCUST GROVE, Ge
Question by jimmyshae200
I bought a Sweet Mint(Mentha spicata)and a Rosemary(Rosemary officinalis)about a week ago and planted them into separate 6

0

The more you pinch or cut, the more stems your plants will produce so don't be afraid to harvest and use them as often as you want. Mint usually goes crazy in the garden so I'm glad you have yours planted in a container. Humdity can make the leaves look wilted. When this happens, just snip off the stems about half way down and new stems will emerge from below the pruning cut. You might also try setting the pot in a larger container of water and letting it soak for about 10 minutes. Depending upon the potting soil you used in the pot, it may have dried out around the roots and even though you water regularly, the water might simply be draining out of the bottom of the pot rather than completely wetting the potting soil. Soaking the pot and the potting soil will rehydrate it so when you do water, it will soak into the soil rather than simply running through and draining out. Give this a try and see how your mint reacts. I hope it perks up soon!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"