Plant I.D. flickr url... - Knowledgebase Question

Bacliff, Te
Question by davidht1979
Hello! Thanks for responding. This plant is in a pot with other plants. It seems to grow up and kind of hangs over just a bit. The blooms only come out in the morning. There are snails on it in the morning, is that bad? Here is the url:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5...

Thanks again!

0

Awesome photos! Awesome plant! It's a Blue Dayflower (Commelina communis), commonly known as the Asiatic dayflower. In some parts of the country it's considered invasive because the joints of the stems can root in the ground, making the plant sprawl over larger and larger areas over the years. If you watch it and cut it back if it tries to get out of hand, it shouldn't become a problem in your garden.

Snails will eat the leaves and the flowers. I use Sluggo as a bait. It's iron based, harmless to people, pets and wildlife, and any product that is not consumed by snails or slugs breaks down into simple iron which is absorbed by the earth.

Thanks for the beautiful photos!

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"