yellowing rhapis palms - Knowledgebase Question

Lahaina, Ha
Question by slipknot
I have two big clumps of rhapis palms on either side of a pool. One group looks fine all year(Maui).Last summer for the first time, the leaves on the other clump yellowed with the tips turning brown. Looked great all winter but now that clump is yellowing again. I've been here 12 years and irrigation etc, has remained the same. This began last summer and now this summer.

You didn't mention whether or not you regularly feed your lady palms. While they don't necessarily require feeding, Rhapis can suffer from trace element deficiencies which produce yellowing leaves, distorted new growth, or general decline. Since the exact cause of a deficiency can often be hard to determine without laboratory tests, use a weak solution of fish emulsion if you see these symptoms. I'd feed the sad looking clump to see if that fixes the problem. Good luck with your plants!

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Sweet Alyssum 2"