Tall Fescue browning - Knowledgebase Question

Charlotte, No
Question by dsaville
I have tall fescue lawn in Charlotte, NC. Very few shaded areas. In past 4 weeks we've had 8 inches of rain. Lawn is streaked with brown. No large spots, just irregular patterns of brown mixed with the green. I fertilized with Scotts Turf Builder in late April and again in early June. What treatment do you recommend?

0

It sounds more like a cultural problem than anything else. Brown patch is a common fungal disease on tall fescue but you'll see circular spots rather than brown streaks. As soon as the soil dries out from all your rainfall, the turf should recover and green up again. At this point I don't think there's any remedy other than to mow regularly to remove the brown grass blades. Wish I had more suggestions!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"