BEST TIME TO WATER LAWN & PLANTS - Knowledgebase Question

HOBE SOUND, Fl
Question by gcbarra
I live in Stuart, FL. what is the best time to water lawn & plants and can you recomment a period of time to water them.

0

How much water to apply really depends upon the plants you are growing and how well your soil drains so I can't really answer that part of your question. In general, lawns, landscape trees and shrubs and perennials can get along with about an inch of water per week. The best time to water is in the very early morning. This way the plants and lawn will have a chance to dry out before evening and you'll have fewer disease problems. Evaporation is lowest in the morning so more of the water you apply will actually penetrate into the ground and be available to the roots of your plants. And, watering in the morning will allow your plants a nice long, refreshing drink before having to face the heat of the day. Best wishes with your landscape!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"