selective herbicide - Knowledgebase Question

Mandeville, Lo
Question by leahwooten
I am looking for an herbicide that I can use OVER Asiatic Jasmine and AROUND azaleas in a HUGE landscaping island. It needs to target multiple varieties of broadleaf weeds. I've tried Over the Top, Ornamec and Vantage all with some success on the grassy weeds but practically no success on the broadleaf ones. I'm so losing my battle. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

0

I'm not sure you'll find a post emergence product that's safe around your shrubs and jasmine. Broadleaf weeds are best controlled with something like 2,4-D. However, this is not safe to use around your other plants. As a broadleaf weed killer, 2,4-D doesn't discriminate between the broadleaves on your azaleas or jasmine and the broadleaves of dandelions. It will adversely affect your plants if used in close proximity. I'm afraid the best approach is to dig the existing weeds and then apply a pre emergent weed control such as Preen. Pre emergents will keep the area weed free for the entire growing season.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "