holes in plant leaves - Knowledgebase Question

Garland, Te
Question by rlwhatley
I have a plant that has green and light yellow-white leaves. I do not know what it is called but the leaves and

0

I can't tell, either, without seeing the plant. It could be insects or the holes might indicate a fungal disease. Flea beetles can cause tiny holes in the leaves: shothole fungus can do the same. You'll need to carefully inspect your plant, several times a day to look for insect pests. Or, you can take a sample of the damage to your local extension office or well staffed nursery for help with diagnosis. Once you determine the cause of the problem you can choose a control or remedy. A fungicide will take care of the fungus, a neem oil based insecticide will take care of the flea beetles. Best wishes with your plant!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"