Quince plants' leaves turned yellow and are falling off - Knowledgebase Question

Mandeville, Lo
Question by tworetriev
my quinces looked GREAT up until 2 days ago, now all leaves are turning yellow and dropping? Is that normal?

What you describe is not normal for a quince in June. They do lose their leaves in the fall and the leaves turn yellow before they drop, but your quince is a little ahead of schedule. Heat stress or water stress can cause these symptoms early in the season. While there's nothing you can do about the weather, you can regulate the frequency of watering. You didn't mention how long your quince has been planted or how often you water so I'm not sure what to suggest. Newly transplanted trees and shrubs can suffer transplant shock as they adjust to their new homes. In this case your quince should leaf out again. Water stress - too much or too little - can be remedied with a regular watering schedule. Water your quince deeply once or twice a week (depending upon weather). Hope it recovers soon!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"