bugs--mostly - Knowledgebase Question

Bend, Or
Question by gardengirlj0
can you possibly be able to help me identify a small black bug that resembles a ladybug?I do not know if they do damage to the rosebushes=---these bushes were full of rust,dead parts and bugs,I treated it for 3 years and they are looking good but I think the aphids have discovered it..the buds looked stumped thanks

0

There are black ladybugs. You can see images on the following website: http://bugguide.net/index.php?...

However, there are other black insects that resemble ladybugs. The biggest clue to ladybugs is that they feed on aphids. So if you have aphids, it's likely the beetles are ladybugs.

Aphid feeding can cause distortion of the leaves and the flower buds. You can simply hose them off with a strong stream of water and/or just allow the ladybug population to feed on them. If you determine the black beetles are not ladybugs, you can use insecticidal soap to kill off the aphids.

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"