I May Have Killed My Grass - Knowledgebase Question

Dover, Pe
Question by jrwsew
Last week I got some weed and feed from HD I got Vigiro. I think I may have put too much down. I have huge brown spots in my yard now. This week I put a bag of lime down then I seed the yard with KY Blue Grass by Pennington then I put down fertilizer. Is there no hope for my yard now.

Overapplying weed and feed or applying when the weather is over 90F, or forgetting to water after application can certainly burn your grass. Some weed and feed products contain a pre emergent that keeps seeds (both weed and grass) from germinating. Check the back of the Vigoro package to see if there is a waiting period between applying the weed and feed and overseeding your lawn. If there is, your Kentucky Bluegrass seeds may not sprout. I'm not sure why you put down more fertilizer after you reseeded. The Weed and Feed product already contained a fertilizer. Adding more fertilizer a week later might kill your grass. About the only thing you can do now is water your lawn heavily to try and leach out the excess fertilizer. Flood it 2-3 times a day for a few days. I hope this leaches the fertilizer out before in completely kills your lawn. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"