rose buds open partially only - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Liza Lim
mohegan lake, Ne
Question by kutikutitap2
hi experts, i'm wondering what pest is bothering my climbing rose now. a lot of my rose buds either open partially only or not open at all. they just turned brown.

0

Your plant has the symptoms of a fungal disease called Botrytis. (Botrytis cinerea) This disease prevents the blooms from opening; buds turn brown and decay. Sometimes partially opened flowers are attacked and individual petals turn brown and shrivel. The fungus is always present in rainy seasons when the old blooms are not removed. Be sure to prune away any infected buds to halt the spread. It will also help to remove spent flowers on a regular basis. Fungicides will help control Botrytis. Apply according to label directions - weekly applications may be required during wet springs.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"