Gardenia - Knowledgebase Question

Jersey City, Ne
Question by foolmaker
My Gardenia plant is yellowing. Is it because I'm not giving it direct sunlight?

Can you please send me tips on how to take care of Gardenias?

Thanks!

0

Gardenias are finicky, and any change of location or humidity or sun can set them back. Just for general information, gardenias need at least a half day of full sun to bloom, but at the same time, the hot afternoon sun can be tough on them. Morning sun is best, so an eastern location would be ideal. You might also try a southern or western exposure with some filtered shade. Buds that turn black or drop and bottom leaves that are yellowed are sure signs that gardenias aren't getting enough light. Yellow leaves and leaf drop can also be caused by improper soil pH (gardenia require 5 to 5.5pH - on the acid side.) Yellowing and leaf drop are also signs of various soil nutrient deficiencies such as nitrogen, zinc, and iron. Hope these suggestions help!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"