somethin's eatin my cabbage, not me - Knowledgebase Question

Richmond, Vi
Question by ddander2008
something is eating my red cabbabe leaves, and my brussels leaves. I've looked at all times of day and night, and can't see the culprit, what do I probably have, and how do it stop it, and still be able to eat the vegies? you suggested Dipel or Thuricide anything available that's organic, or eco friendly?

0

The active ingredient in Dipel and Thuricide is Bt (bacillus thuringensis) which is a botanical that acts as a stomach poison to caterpillars. It doesn't bother anything but caterpillars and it is safe to use on vegetables. If you would rather not use a botanical, I can only suggest you hand pick any pests you see, or hose them off with water. About the only thing other than cabbage worms that might feast on your plants are slugs and snails. You can trap them but up-ending a terra cotta pot (it retains moisture which attracts these pests). Set it near your cabbage plants and prop up one side of the rim with a stone or stick. Slugs and snails will crawl in to hide and each morning you can scrape them out. Best wishes with your veggies!

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"