sand on lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Jefferson, Ge
Question by billdar65
I have bermuda sod that has some low areas. I would like to apply sand and want to know the best way to level. I was told to use a bull float, but don't think that will work. Any ideas?

You can level low spots by adding topsoil (mix some sand with the topsoil). If you apply less than an inch at a time, the grass will grow up through the topsoil. If you need to raise the level more than an inch, plan on applying topsoil, allowing the turf to grow up through it, then applying another layer (less than an inch thick). Repeat as necessary to bring the low spots up so they are level with the rest of the lawn. I use a long 2X4 to drag over the topsoil and level it each time I apply the soil. Hope this method works for you, too.

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"