Pear Trees - Knowledgebase Question

Grand Prairie, Te
Question by aguirre_dann
I have to young pear trees that have a lot of pears, but there leaves are turning brown. What can I do to cure these trees before they die?

0

Without inspecting your pear trees, it's difficult to diagnose the problem. It could be cultural, but it might also be a disease that's causing the symptoms you describe. Carefully inspect the twigs and branches for discolored areas and cankers (sunken areas or raised areas). If either are present, you could be dealing with scab or fire blight. If neither are present, the problem could be powdery mildew. I highly recommend you take samples of the affected leaves plus a fruit or two to your local Cooperative Extension Office for professional diagnosis. Contact Texas Cooperative Extension, 110 West Hickory Street, Denton - (972) 434-8812

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"