Growing Mango Indoors - Knowledgebase Question

Goteborg, In
Question by FabianKarrh
I have a mango plant grown from the seed. I have put it under an ultraviolet light for plants. There are some brown parts of the leaves around the tips. It's not all brown, the texture is still there, but instead of green there's a brownish color. I'm worried that the lamp might have burned it. I have a Lychee tree that's even closer to the lamp, but it's not burned at all.

0

While it's possible the plant is too close to the source of light, a more likely cause of brown leaf tips is watering with cold or hard water, and applying too much water. Some plants are more sensitive to minerals in water than others are, and most plants require less water during winter months than they do in spring and summer when they are actively growing. Try using room temperature distilled water instead of cold tap water, and move your plant a few more inches away from the source of artificial light. Both of these actions should improve the appearance, and help maintain the health of your mango.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"