Allamanda-identification among plants with this name - Knowledgebase Question

Richwood, Te
Question by harry_anders
I recently bought an Allamanda bush but it didn't have a tag with it. I've semi researched the available pix but still can't figure out which one I have. Most of them say that the size varies. How can I keep it pruned back if it is one of the bigger ones? (Unless you have a better identification idea.) Thanks so much for the oppurtunity!

Bush allamanda (Allamanda schottii) will be shorter and bushier than the climbing vine allamanda. It will grow about 3' in height and width. The vining allamanda (Allamanda cathartica) will be evident as it puts out growth this summer - the vines will reach 1bout 15' long. Either type can be contained by simply pinching out the tips of the stems when they get too long. In other words, you can make the vining type into a bush with regular pinching or pruning but a bush allamanda will never grow into a climbing vine. I guess the best approach is to watch the growth habit of your plant and pinch or prune as necessary to keep it under control.

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"