rhododendoms - Knowledgebase Question

Bend, Or
Question by gardengirlj0
I have a rhodendrom that is being defoliated by some unknown varment---it was bad last year--worse now. I finally sprayed it with seven-which I hate to use with my pets around--I used it in the dead of night...I wonder if I should relocate---it is next to an aspen tree and I know some bugs are happy there...I just do not know which.. Thank you for all of the help ---Joyce

0

Deer can defoliate a plant in a hurry. However if the leaves remain but are full of holes, a beetle, weevil or even a caterpillar might be feeding the the leaves. Sevin will certainly take care of these pests. Before treating your rhodie again, you may want to look at the following OSU/WSU Rhododendron/Azalea publication. You'll see photos of the most common leaf problems, as well as a discussion about cultural care and best planting sites: http://users.tricity.wsu.edu/~...

I hope the information is helpful.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"