What is happening to my herbs? - Knowledgebase Question

New Orleans, Lo
Question by k66183
i am trying to grow dill,parsley, sage,thyme and oregano in a large container.The dill is fine. the leaves on the others seem to have disappeard overnight. i planted some sage and thyme seeds and after they began to grow the leaves seem to disappear overnight again leaving just the short stems.is something eating my herbs?

0

It does sound as though something is eating the leaves! Check the soil to make sure no insect pests are hiding in the potting soil. Slugs and snails feed at night so you might want to sprinkle some bait on the ground around your container. Sluggo is an iron based bait that's harmless to people, pets and wildlife but will control slugs and snails. Hope this takes care of the night feeder and your herbs grow strong and healthy!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"