Propagating Seeds - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Shelby Britt
Winston Salem, No
Question by sbritt749
I live in Winston Salem, NC. Can I propagate Seeds this time of year? If I can, which kind and how do I go about it?

If you're interested in collecting seeds from your plants, you can do so at any time during the spring and summer months - whenever your flowering plants develop seed pods. When the flowers fade and the petals fall off, a seed pod will form. You can harvest the seeds when the seed pod dries out, but before it bursts open. It might take a little practice to determine when the seed pods are ripe but eventually you'll get the timing down. To save seeds, place them in a paper envelope and set that in an airtight container. Store the container in a cool, dry place and plant your seeds next spring. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"