Tomato Plant Problem - Knowledgebase Question

Clayton, No
Question by jessmarroyo
The bottom leaves on my tomato plant are turning a dark bluish-green or a pale gray color with very pronounced veins. I discovered some gray mildew on them a couple of months ago and sprayed them thoroughly with a fungicide. The top leaves seem okay, and the tomatoes seem to be growing well, though some of the lower blossoms are rotting. What could this be? Will it be alright to eat the tomatoes?

What you describe sounds like a nutrient deficiency in the soil, but if you used a copper based fungicide on your plants earlier in the season, the copper run off may be what's causing the blue-green lower leaves. I'm not sure it will be fatal to your plant; you'll just have to wait and see. The fruits should ripen right on schedule and should be just fine to eat. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"