Campanulas and stellas - Knowledgebase Question

kalamazoo, MI
Question by dfgquilter
Right now I see golden colored stella d'Oros, and I also see
LEMON yellow ones in bloom. What is the name of the LEMON colored ones?

Campanula.. It looks as if they have hard seed heads.
I want to save some seeds for next year, but I'm not sure the seeds are developed enough. When will they be ready so that I can store them in plastic bags? Do I have to wait til Fall?
Thanks so much... Dorian

Hemerocallis 'Lemon Yellow', which is sometimes called Custard Lily is the yellow flowering one. The seed pods on your campanula will be ripe when they turn a tannish brown. You will see the seed pods begin to separate when they are ready to harvest. If you wait too long, they will spill their seeds onto the soil. Just watch carefully for the crispy feel, the tannish brown color and barely visible separation or splitting along the seed pod. You can store them in an airtight container and set them in a cool, dark place if you want to plant them next spring. Best wishes with your garden.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"