Holly Bushes - Knowledgebase Question

Lexington, So
Question by yvsmja4
I live in the southern region. I have a couple of holly bushes that were doing fine. I notice one of the holly bushes has yellow and brown leaves on the top of the bush. The underside of the bush is nice and green. The flowers surrounding the bush are growing nice and full. I don't know what to do to save the holly. Please help.

0

Yellowing and/or browning leaves can indicate water stress, a root problem or an insect or disease. About the only way to know for sure is to clip off a branch with the yellow leaves and inspect it for insects or signs of disease. If you can't see anything out of the order you might need to take it to your local cooperative extension office for diagnosis. Contact Lexington Cooperative Extension, 605 West Main Street, Lexington, SC 29072-2503 (803) 359-8515. Helpful folks there can provide suggestions for control to help your holly recover. Best wishes with your landscape.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"