Bad Lawn Service - Knowledgebase Question

Keller, Te
Question by shannontayl9
I had a new lawn service mow my yard, and they cut at least 2 inches off at one time. Now my Bermuda grass has yellow-brown patches everywhere. What can I do to get my grass green again, it looks awful. Needless to say the new lawn guys where fired.

0

It sounds like you know that you shouldn't take off more than one third of the length of the blade when you mow. Your scalped lawn is suffering from sunscald but it should recover in a few weeks. As the blades elongate only the tops will be brown and in a few mowings all the brown grass will be gone. Just give your turf a chance to recover and it should be fine. Hope you find a new lawn service that will mow properly!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"