ground cover - Knowledgebase Question

Oakwood, Oh
Question by spring206b
I am trying to remove ground cover from a planting bed. I have heard that I should use Roundup to kill the ground cover but am afraid it will kill the azalas and daffadil bulbs buried in the ground. If I use Roundup will it kill those plants and then how long will it be before I can safely plant perennials in the area?

0

Round Up is a vegetation killer so anything it touches can be killed. Digging out the ground cover is the safest route. However, if you carefully apply the vegetation killer directly to the stubs of the cut stems of your groundcover, you can kill it off without harming your other plants. Round Up will be transported from the stub down to the roots and kill the groundcover without spreading into the soil and tainting the soil.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"