corkscrew hazelnut ornamental tree - Knowledgebase Question

Garrison, Ne
Question by donnanderson
I just found holes in my leaves what do I spray on my tree to stop this..it's only 11 mo. old

0

Hazelnut trees can host lots of different insect pests so your best approach is to capture a few and have them identified, then use a pest-specific insecticide to control them. It's possible that the damage to the leaves was done earlier in the season and the insects have already moved on. If you don't find insects on the leaves, they've already done their damage and moved on so spraying will be a waste of time and money. The most common early season pest of hazelnut trees is a leafrolling caterpillar. These are easily controlled with Bt (bacillus thuringensis), sold as Dipel or Thuricide. Best wishes with your hazelnut tree.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"