rabbits eating plants in garden - Knowledgebase Question

greenwood, De
Question by MBurke1079
I've noticed rabbits running away in my garden.
Last weekend I planted a delphinnium plant. It is gone! It is neatly

As cute as they are, bunnies are terribly destructive so I don't blame you for wanting to rid your garden of them! The most effective way to keep the bunnies from eating your plants is to fence your garden. To be most effective, a 1" chicken wire fence needs to be 2 feet high and buried at least 6 inches deep. Consider also interplanting your flowers with garlic, onions, Mexican marigold or Dusty Miller. Bunnies tend not to like their aroma. And, you can make your own animal repellent mixture by mixing a few teaspoons of cayenne pepper, and a dash of soap in a quart of water. Spray on the plants you want to protect. You can try to scare rabbits from your garden by burying empty pop bottles with the tops poking up a few inches above the ground. The eerie whistle that results when the wind blows can scare them away. Sprinkling blood meal, ground hot peppers or human or dog hair around plants is also sometimes effective. I hope these suggestions are helpful.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"