Cooking with Herbs/Spices That We Grow - Knowledgebase Question

Aiea, Ha
Question by lkn_50
We have been growing oregano & rosemary in our garden in Hawaii and have been cooking with them. Question: A chef that we know

0

You didn't ask my opinion, but I think the chef you know needs to learn how to cook with fresh herbs! The flavor is magnificent and much more pronounced than the flavors of dried herbs. How about giving him/her a few cooking lessons - or at least sharing one of your delicious dishes so he/she can taste the difference ??

As to your question, you can simply harvest your oregano and rosemary as usual, lay them out on papertowels in a cool, dry area and allow them to air dry. When they are crispy dry, remove the leaves from the stems and crush the leaves between your fingers. You can further reduce their texture with an electric spice grinder or by pounding them into a powder. Be sure to store your herbs in an airtight container.

Best wishes with your herbs!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "