Raised garden - Knowledgebase Question

mansfield, Oh
Question by mcb516
I removed a large flowering bush, in front of my house. I want to put a raised garden in this spot. Can I use blocks, instead of wood posts, around the edges. There is only two sides, open. The house foundation is on the other two sides. The blocks would match a wall, on the side of my drive.

Concrete block or landscape blocks are perfect for a raised bed and there's no reason not to use them, especially since they will match the wall on the other side of your driveway. Since you'll be planting in the area, which means watering on a regular basis, you'll want to waterproof the foundation of your house before filling the new bed with topsoil. There are several ways to do this and helpful staff at your local garden center can explain what you need and how to apply the waterproofing. Once that's done you can build your raised bed, fill it, plant your garden and enjoy!

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"